Update published on 12 July 2021
European affaris and international relations
Assunta Luisa Perrotti
Phone: +39 011.19212.130
Accounts, budget and finance
Phone: +39 011.19212.510
- draw up, including through the support of the other directorates, the annual and multi-year budget and of the related changes, including budget adjustments and preparation of the financial statements.
- ensure a correct accounting and financial coverage in relation to the measures involving expenditure that are adopted by the Board.
- manage financial resources, with particular reference to revenue accounting audit, issue of collection vouchers, enforced collection, recording of commitments, account reconciliation of expenses and payments, cash management and issue of payment orders.
- manage the relations with the Board of Auditors, the Bank of Italy and the receiver bank, as well as the communications with the Court of Auditors, the Ministry of Economy and Finance and other public bodies.
- take the necessary steps for the adoption of the annual decision concerning the funding for the Authority’s operation.
- manage the relations with economic operators for the fulfilment of the reporting and contribution obligations connected with the funding for the Authority’s operation and implement, with the support of the other directorates, as appropriate, the formal and substantial control of their correct execution, including for the purpose of recovering unpaid contributions.
- where necessary, manage the procedures for reimbursement to economic operators with respect to the funding for the Authority’s operation.
Human resources and general affairs
Phone: +39 011.19212.510
- provide for the analysis of staffing requirements and the related recruitment.
- ensure the legal status of the personnel, the application of employment legislation and the remuneration and social security treatment of governing bodies and personnel.
- provide for the planning and implementation of personnel development, by identifying training and professional updating requirements and promoting organizational welfare, in agreement with the other directorates.
- maintain the relations with the Evaluation and Strategic Control Committee, as well as the communications with the Ministry of Economy and Finance and other public bodies concerning personnel-related issues.
- ensure the correct implementation of the management cycle for staff performance evaluation and career development procedures.
- support the Secretary-General in the monitoring of administrative activities and in the management control aimed at verifying the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the administrative actions.
- the director in charge of Human Resources and General Affairs is usually identified as the employer pursuant to Legislative Decree no. 8 of 19 April 2008, implementing the measures concerning health and safety in the workplace provided for therein.
- maintain the relations with trade union organizations.
- ensure the drawing up of the two-year programme for the purchase of goods and services and the related procurement, and act as the person in charge of the register of contracting authorities.
- ensure the preservation of the assets that are necessary for the Authority’s operation, including the related inventory requirements; supervise the operation of the Authority’s auxiliary services.
- ensure support to the officer responsible for transparency and for the prevention of corruption.
- ensure the efficient management of the register and secretariat of the governing bodies.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
Phone: +39 011.19212.131
- develop, implement and manage the Authority’s IT architecture, ensure its maintenance and plan its development to support ensuing requirements.
- ensure the provision of IT and telecommunication services that are necessary for the activities of the Authority and directorates, including technical design, implementation and operation of IT and documentary databases and their integration with external sources. Produce the technical specifications for the procurement of goods and services relating to information technology, security and telecommunications.
- develop the appropriate policies and methodologies to ensure security and confidentiality of the data processed by the Authority in compliance with the relevant statutory obligations and without prejudice to the tasks assigned to specific parties under the legislation on personal data protection.
- in collaboration with the President’s spokesperson, draw up the editorial plan and information content of the Authority’s institutional communication, manage the institutional website, the social channels and ensure the publication of the Authority’s measures.
Legal affairs and litigation
Phone: +39 011.19212.508
- ensure the legal quality of the measures adopted by the Board, assist and support the other directorates in dealing with the legal issues within their remit and deliver opinions on specific questions.
- manage the litigation proceedings of the Authority, by ensuring the coordination with the Attorney General (Avvocatura generale dello Stato) and the district attorneys (Avvocature distrettuali dello Stato).
- assess the preliminary ruling proceedings before the EU Court of Justice in the matters falling within the Authority’s remit for the purpose of submitting proposals, if any, for the participation of the Italian government in the proceedings.
- highlight any significant legislative issues in the matters falling within the Authority’s remit for the purpose of planning the ensuing reporting activities by the Authority.
Phone: +39 011.19212.521
- analyse the statistical data relating to companies operating in specific transport markets.
- process the statistical data that are integral to the Authority’s communication activities, also institutional, including, in collaboration with Institutional and International Affairs, the Annual Report to Parliament.
- carry out regulatory impact analyses (Analisi di Impatto della Regolazione (AIR), Verifica di Impatto della Regolazione (VIR)) and contribute, in the field of economic regulation, to the development of the relations with research centres and academia.
- propose initiation of enquiries and report any needs for the Authority’s intervention, by providing the relevant reasons through surveys of state-of-the-art and development of the relevant markets, including emerging markets.
- carry out the activities relating to the economic equilibrium tests of public service transport contracts, including with the support of Access to Infrastructure, Service and Retail Markets and Data Collection, Processing and Quality Control.
- carry out the monitoring referred to in art. 37 (2) (m) of the Decree-law establishing the Authority in collaboration with Service and Retail Markets.
Data collection, processing and quality
Phone: +39 011 19212.520
- identify, in collaboration with the competent directorates, the economic, accounting and management data that are integral to the exercise of the economic regulatory responsibilities of the Authority and to the analysis of potential demand.
- provide for the structured collection and organisation of the above-mentioned data, in collaboration with Information and Communication Technology, by producing appropriate collections and ensuring any ensuing qualitative and quantitative processing.
- define the algorithms, also deriving from the application of behavioural economics, so as to promote an efficient use of infrastructure and services, increase the satisfaction of citizens’ and users’ expectations and ensure the correlation between costs and quality of transport services.
Access to Infrastructures
Phone: +39 011.19212.516
- draw up the necessary measures to ensure equitable and non-discriminatory access to railway, port and airport infrastructure, and to motorway networks, as well as in relation to passenger and freight mobility at national, local and urban level, including that connected to stations, airports and ports.
- develop, including in collaboration with Data Collection, Processing and Quality Control and Economic Affairs, the criteria for adoption of charges, fees and tolls for the use of infrastructure in the regulated transport sectors, by taking into account management production efficiency and cost containment for users, businesses and consumers. Monitor the correct application of the above criteria by the stakeholders, including with the support of Data Collection, Processing and Quality Control.
- with the support of Legal Affairs and Litigation, draw up concession schemes for the award of infrastructure construction and/or management and tendering schemes to be applied by concessionaires.
- define, including with the support of Data Collection, Processing and Quality Control, the optimal management areas of toll motorway sections.
Retail services and markets
Phone: +39 011.19212.556
- ensure, including with the support of Economic Affairs, and Data Collection, Processing and Quality Control, the performance of the functions pertaining to the identification of awarding lots and public service areas, together with the most efficient financing arrangements thereof, and define the charging criteria to be applied to services subject to public service obligations.
- develop the minimum quality standards of national and local transport services that are subject to public service obligations, as identified in accordance with territorial characteristics of supply and demand.
- draw up, with the support of Legal Affairs and Litigation, model tender notices for the award of transport services and model contracts to be included in the specifications of such tenders, as well as model public service contracts that are directly awarded or performed by internal operators and set the criteria for the appointment of tender evaluation committees. In the context of such models, define the methods to promote financial equilibrium, efficiency and effectiveness of the services and accounting transparency of the compensation paid for public service obligations, including with the support of Data Collection, Processing and Quality Control.
- carry out enquiries related to the application of the regulatory measures adopted for access to bus stations and public transport, with particular reference to management efficiency and minimum quality standards of services in public service contracts, by reporting to the Board any need for new regulatory measures or for amendments of the Authority’s existing regulation in connection with the development of the markets and sectors under review, including with reference to the diffusion of digital platforms, and of the relevant legislation.
- with the support of Users’ Rights, conduct the preliminary inquiries for delivery of the opinions referred to in Article 37 (2) (m) of the Decree establishing the Authority, that are preparatory to the exercise of the powers referred to in article 37 (2) (n) of the Decree.
- support Economic Affairs in the activities concerning the economic equilibrium test of public transport service contracts.
Phone: +39 011.19212.578
- assess complaints, requests and reports filed by users and consumers, both individuals and associations, concerning the compliance by the parties operating the regulated service with the quality and charging levels set by the Authority.
- in relation to the passenger’s rights enshrined in the relevant EU and national legislation, carry out the preliminary inquiries of passenger complaints by proposing, where appropriate, the initiation of sanctioning proceedings, monitor services and promote the awareness of passengers’ rights, in collaboration with the Cabinet of the President and Information and Communication Technology.
- In the execution of the activities under its remit, report to the competent directorates any need for possible regulatory interventions, and any critical issues to Surveillance and Enforcement for the purpose of initiating sanctioning proceedings.
- transmit to the Competition Authority and to other public administrations and bodies complaints and requests concerning issues within its remit.
Minimum content of users’ rights
Phone: +39 011.19212.498
- for the different transport services and infrastructure, draw up an analysis on the minimum rights and entitlements, including compensation, that may be claimed by users from infrastructure managers and service providers, including by taking into account improvements to service charters, and report to the Board any need for new regulatory measures or amendments to the Authority’s existing regulation.
- pursuant to articles 141 and seq. of Legislative decree No 206 of 6 September 2005 on Consumer Code, as amended and supplemented, develop and submit to the Board, including with the support of the other directorates, specific alternative dispute resolution procedures (ADR) together with the associated activities.
Surveillance and enforcement
Phone: +39 011.19212.587
- carry out surveillance activities falling under the Authority’s remit, including for the purpose of initiating the relevant sanctioning or prescriptive proceedings.
- report to the Board any need for new measures or amendments to the existing regulation in the areas within the Authority’s remit;
- plan and co-ordinate controls and inspections of operators, including on the basis of requests submitted by other directorates, by drawing up for this purpose the documents that are preparatory to surveillance and control activities, and, upon their conclusion, the reports on the activities performed.
- deal with the sanctioning proceedings under the Authority’s remit, including by notifying the related measures and draw up the proposal to exercise the power to appeal pursuant to paragraph 2 (n) of article 37 of the Decree establishing the Authority, upon alerts submitted by Service and Retail Markets.