ART ADOPTS ITEMS FOR THE DEFINITION OF THE CONCESSION SCHEME AND TOLL CHARGING SYSTEM OF A5, A4 / A5, SATT, A21 MOTORWAY SECTIONS
- Decision n. 119/2017 available at www.autorita-trasporti.it
By Decision n. 119/2017, the Transport Regulation Authority identified regulatory items for the definition of the concession scheme and toll charging system of A5 Turin-Ivrea-Quincinetto, A4/5 Ivrea-Santhià, Turin Ring Road System, Turin-Pinerolo connection and A21, Torino-Alessandria-Piacenza motorway sections.
The decision concludes the proceeding initiated by the Authority on 31 May 2017 and takes into account the outcomes of a consultation and a public hearing with the stakeholders.
The Authority’s Decision, available at www.autorita-trasporti.it, was forwarded to the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport for the purpose of calling a single tender for the award of the above-mentioned motorway sections.
The regulatory items for the definition of the concession scheme identified by the Authority and contained in Decision n. 119/2017 are as follows:
- purpose of contract
- duration of concession
- allocation of traffic risk
- service quality targets
- allocation of design and construction risks
- charging regulation and related information requirements
- review of Financial Plan.
The toll charging system is based on the “price-cap” method and on the determination of the five-year productivity indicator. The system includes, inter alia:
- identification of relevant activities and criteria for eligibility of costs and investments
- determination of net invested capital and related remuneration rate
- dynamics of charges and productivity
- incentive and penalty systems, with respect to the levels of service quality and investment
- definition of accounting separation and regulatory accounting obligations
- arrangements for annual monitoring.
2 October 2017